2004-04-09

Now that I have this blog, I guess I'll actually have to start doing more writing. I suppose that's not all bad considering I stink at writing. I can barely string a few words together without sounding somewhat like a preschooler. I don't suppose that having a toddler around the house has any negative effect on my vocabulary and communications skills. Just one example could be this typical sort of conversation with my toddler son Joseph:

"Joseph, do you want to go to the park?"
"Nowannit! Go park! Go park daddy!"
"Ok, let's go!"

Which as everybody knows (right?) means that of course he wants to go to the park and he will absolutely go by himself if you don't hurry up and go with him.

So I guess the moral of this silly story is that if I'm not making any sense when I talk to you, it's either because my brain is so fried from doing homework that I can no longer function as a normal human being, or that I'm so used to talking with Joseph, that I've adopted his unique take on the English language.

Those of you with kids will understand and sympathize, the rest of you can just laugh... for the time being anyway!

No comments: